Barclays found "clear parallels" between a theoretical model of a speculative asset and the crypto craze.
Welcome to Crypto Insider, Business Insider’s roundup of all the bitcoin and cryptocurrency news you need to know today. Sign up here to get this email delivered direct to your inbox.
Barclays ran an epidemiological model comparing a theoretical speculative asset to bitcoin. You can probably guess what happened next. The bank concluded that the spread of bitcoin mania has "clear parallels with compartmental models of the spread of an infectious disease in epidemiology." Ouch.
Here are the current crypto prices:
- A $675 million deal to buy New York City's legendary Plaza Hotel using cryptocurrency is falling apart
- Only 9.2% of millennials said they would buy cryptocurrencies if they had $10,000 to invest
- Crypto is facing 4 huge hurdles before it can be truly mainstream
- If your computer has slowed down, you might be mining crypto coins for someone else — here's how to stop it
- How to buy and sell cryptocurrencies using Coinbase on your iPhone
- Paying taxes on bitcoin isn't nearly as hard as it sounds
- How to buy Ripple's XRP cryptocurrency
- An ETF veteran who ditched Wall Street for crypto explains how bitcoin can fit into a portfolio
- You can track the price of nearly two-dozen cryptocurrencies here
What other questions do you have about crypto? Ask them in Business Insider's Crypto Insider Facebook group today to discuss with readers from all over the world, as well as BI editorial staff.
Support 9JAKOLO NG' journalism of integrity and credibility
Good journalism costs a lot of money. Yet only good journalism can ensure the possibility of a good society, an accountable democracy, and a transparent government.
For continued free access to the best investigative journalism in the country we ask you to consider making a modest support to this noble endeavour.
By contributing to 9JAKOLO NG, you are helping to sustain a journalism of relevance and ensuring it remains free and available to all.