SA Hip Hop Awards 2018 – Full Winners List
The 7th Annual edition of the South African Hip Hop Awards (SAHHA) has been concluded at Gold Reef City Casino in Johannesburg.
RapLyf Boss, Kwesta won six plaque at the night for the various categories he was nominated, Nasty C, Cassper Nyovest, Stogie T, Gemini Major all went home with an award.
See full winners list and details below;
- Outrageous Records – this is a lifetime achievement award for those who contributed in the development of SA Hip Hop and are still active
- Kwesta – this is for the most bankable artist in monetary terms through achievements.
BEST LOCAL BRAND
- SGOD – this is for a South African clothing brand that is strictly Hip Hop.
BEST INTERNATIONAL BRAND
- Castle Lite Unlocked – this is for an international corporate brand that is playing a role in the development of SA Hip Hop
BEST DANCE CREW
- Survivor Dance Crew – the Hip Hop dance crew that achieved the most in the past year
PROMOTER OF THE YEAR
- Pop Bottles – consistent promoter with most impactful and successful Hip Hop events in the past 12 months.
DJ OF THE YEAR
- DJ Speedsta – this is for the DJ who contributed immensely to SA Hip Hop in the past 12 months, be it on radio, clubs or sessions
ALBUM OF THE YEAR
- Nasty C – String & Bling – originality, popularity, quality, visibility, sales, impact, melody and composition
- Big Zulu – this is for a rapper who emerged for the first time and blew up the scene in the past 12 months.
MIXTAPE OF THE YEAR
- Stogie T – Honey & Pain – popularity, quality, visibility, impact
HUSTLER OF THE YEAR
- Kwesta – endorsements or any other achievements acquired through Hip Hop
LYRICIST OF THE YEAR
- Stogie T – Honey & Pain – consistent lyricism throughout the past 12months, solid lyrical repertoire
- Dbongz – pieces done in the past 12 months,originality, creativity and message relevance
PRODUCER OF THE YEAR
- Gemini Major – Number of singles, quality, quantity,arrangement, innovation, impact
- Kwesta ft Wale – Spirit – the most popular rap song collaborated by 2 or more artists
- Moozlie – female rapper consistent in the past 12 months with radio singles, videos, performances and a solid album, mixtape or EP
- Nasty C – male rapper consistent in the past 12 months with radio singles, videos, performances and a solid album
BEST HIP HOP RADIO SHOW
- Motsweding FM – Local content, SA Hip Hop development, listenership,relevance and quality. This is 100% judged by the public.
- Kwesta ft Wale – Spirit – quality, storyline, relevance, airplay, YouTube hits.
SONG OF THE YEAR
- Kwesta ft Wale – Spirit – airplay, popularity, quality, relevance, impact, originality
BEST DIGITAL SALES
- Kwesta – best selling song or album on iTunes and other digital stores
- Zakwe – Sebentin Remix – best Remixed song.
- Cassper Nyovest – Fill Up FNB – a significant stage or event in the development of something.
Provincial Artists – (No Kings this year) – this is for anyone making major moves that benefit the Hip Hop movement in the province. Events organisers and promoters. 9awards, 1 for each province
Support 9JAKOLO NG' journalism of integrity and credibility
Good journalism costs a lot of money. Yet only good journalism can ensure the possibility of a good society, an accountable democracy, and a transparent government.
For continued free access to the best investigative journalism in the country we ask you to consider making a modest support to this noble endeavour.
By contributing to 9JAKOLO NG, you are helping to sustain a journalism of relevance and ensuring it remains free and available to all.